The BC Epilepsy Society brings the voice of our constituency — our members — to community and provincial forums. We also collaborate with other organizations to improve services and to break down the barriers to those living with epilepsy, and their families.
Members of the BC Epilepsy Society enjoy the following benefits:
- Free admission to our annual Speaking of Epilepsy lecture series.
- Access to our comprehensive resource library.
- Receive our twice-a-year 12-page hard copy newsletter.
- Invitations to educational events like our lecture series and conferences.
- Students who are entering into or continuing post-secondary programs are eligible for our eight annual $1,000 scholarships.
- Receive monthly e-newsletters to keep you up to date on news, events, and funding opportunities.
- Invitations to social events like our annual 5K Poker Walk in late May.
- Financial subsidies for kids to attend accessible camps including Zajac Ranch and Camp Eureka as well as any of the three BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities camps.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting held each spring.
- Free tickets for kids events through the Kids Up Front Foundation.
Other opportunities that we've previously offered to Society members include all-expense paid trips for kids to Disneyland through the Dreams Take Flight program and tickets to Roberto Luongo's private suite (Lui's Crease Club) at Vancouver Canucks hockey games.
Membership is $10 for an individual or $50 for an organization. Memberships are valid for one year following each of our Annual General Meetings held in the spring.
Our membership base grew by another 27% in 2012 and by 1,614% over the past nine years, a testament to the value existing and new members found in our services, resources, and programs.
Click here to download an application form, and become a member today.