Crockpot Gingerbread Pudding Cake Recipe – No Knives, Stove, or Oven Needed!
Sometimes, if I’m having a day where my epilepsy is acting up, all I feel like doing is sitting on the couch and eating some comfort food. While I usually vouch for a well balanced and healthy diet, when you’ve been having seizures all day, sometimes all you feel like is some cake!
This recipe for a Crockpot Gingerbread Pudding Cake is super easy and safe to make. Plus, using a crockpot for this desert means that you don’t have to worry about using your stove or oven for safety reasons.
Check out the recipe below:
- For the Cake:
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the Topping:
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- With a whisk (or electric mixer if you feel comfortable using one) beat the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Add the vanilla, molasses and water and beat until combined. There might be a few flecks of butter unincorporated, but that’s okay.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg and beat until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased crockpot or slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the batter with the brown sugar.
- Combine the hot water and melted butter and pour it over the brown sugar but don’t stir it in.
- Put the lid on your crockpot or slow cooker and cook on high for 2.5-3 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
I hope you try out this recipe!