Spring Mocktail Recipe
Many people living with epilepsy choose to avoid alcohol as alcohol use can be a seizure trigger and there are many times due to my epilepsy when I would choose not to drink alcohol. But it wasn’t until this was a choice that I had to make that I realized just how many of our social gatherings revolve around alcohol! I always hated being the person at the party just drinking a pop, so I started experimenting with mocktails, which are technically “mock cocktails” or cocktails without alcohol.
With spring coming up, there is nothing better than enjoying a refreshing light mocktail on a spring afternoon. This is one of my favourites and it’s so simple … no blending required!
Faux Pink Champagne
- 4 cups ginger ale (I use diet)
- 4 cups club soda
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- Make sure all the ingredients are well chilled
- Mix everything together a few minutes before serving
- Serve yourself this drink in a champagne glass – that’s all part of the fun
- You can also add frozen fruit, such as raspberries or strawberries, to mix it up
I sometimes double this recipe for a spring brunch. This delicious, low calorie pink concoction is just the thing for a pink party!
What are your favourite mocktail recipes? Let me know, I’d love to try them!